Tuesday, July 5, 2011

California King Bed

"Just when I felt like giving up on us, you turn around and give me one last touch. 
That made everything feel better, and even then my eyes got wetter.
So confused, wanna ask you if you love me.
But I don't wanna seem so weak. Maybe I've been California dreaming"
-Rihanna "California King Bed"

This is another beautiful song by Rihanna. I love her upbeat dance tunes, but when she makes a semi-slow song, I think that's when she's at her best. I think her slower songs are her best ones.
This song is a sad love song. It's about falling apart or growing distant from the person you love. But still hoping everything will turn out okay and not wanting to give up. But not knowing how to fix things. Well that's what I got from it, but I'm sure I'm super close. It's a really meaningful song. The lyrics are pretty, and the melody is very nice. And also, her tattoos look great in that picture. I know that doesn't really have anything to do with the song, but still I wanted to point that out. This song is really pleasant to listen to, even though it is sad. I love this song. :)

No comments: