Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street


I recently rented this movie because we started watching it in a class, but we didn't finish it. And I hate when I don't see movies from beginning to end. So I rented it to watch it.
This is a musical, which I usually hate. But it has Johnny Depp, so I didn't mind too much. Well actually, I didn't mind at all because his voice is amazing! Ah I love it! I've never heard him sing before this and I was super impressed. And even though they had him looking a mess in this film, he was still attractive. It's hard for him to be ugly. Fact.
This movie is very strange. The whole put-dead-people-in-pies thing is really gross. But I did like how dark this movie is. By that I mean the colors and settings and all that. The visuals looked really cool. Speaking about visuals, when Sweeney was killing people, it looked so fake. He slit their throats and so much blood squirted in all directions. So so fake. But I guess it fit the movie.
Overall, I can't say that I like this movie but I can't say I dislike it. It's kinda in the middle for me. It's pretty good though. If you like musicals, check it out. But if you don't like musicals, then I wouldn't recommend it because they sings allll the tiiiime. But then again, the actors have really good voices. So you might like it after all. I think this is a type of movie that you have to watch to know if you'd enjoy it or not.

No comments: