Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Haunting In Connecticut


Last friday I had a movie night. The movie we watched was The Haunting in Connecticut. We were eating pizza, talking, watching the movie, and some people were even texting *rude*. But hey, they're my friends so it's all good. So yea it was hard to focus on the movie. But when I watched it 2 days later by myself, I realized I missed a ton of stuff. But I loved the movie.
First of all, it is a haunted house ghost story. Which I love. Why? Because they are uber creepy. And this certain haunted house movie, was actually scary. Yes, that's right, a horror movie made in the 2000s actually scared me. And it wasn't cliche! The really sudden scary parts that make you jump, which I call the scares, were not cliches. The scares weren't the typical person-behind-you-in-the-mirror or the objects-fly-across-the-room. No there were some pretty original scares. Like for example, in one part the mom turned the light on and the dead person was right in front of her. Standing by her bed. Right there. I don't see that much in horror movies. Usually there's nothing there, and then the person feels safe for a little while. But nope, in this movie the dead people actually showed themselves. Not just creeping behind the curtains or in the mirror.
Secondly, this movie was sad and emotional. Not just scary. The main character had cancer and you really sympathized with him and the family. It was really sad to see his suffering in pain. The movie is moving. And who doesn't like meaningful movies?
So I really enjoyed this movie. I actually think I'll buy it on DVD.

No comments: