Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Stepfather

Hey Hey Hey!
Don't marry serial killers. Just don't. It won't end well.
I recently saw The Stepfather.
Now, I'll start off by saying that this movie didn't catch much of my attention. I saw the commercials, wasn't too interested, didn't go see it in theaters. I was having a sleepover, and what's a good sleepover without DVDs?? So I'm in my DVD rental place, I picked a movie. Then I wanted to pick a scary movie. Well I didn't know which one, and my mom was rushing me, so I picked up The Stepfather. Now, let me tell you, I am so happy I rented it.

I really really really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was a great film.
**It's not anything extremely creative, or shocking. It's actually very cliche. It had moments that I've seen before. It had parts that reminded very much of Disturbia and Obsessed and The Uninvited. There were more movies too, but I can't think of them right now.
**The movie started out with the first scene being the scene where the stepfather is running away from the family he just killed. So you know he's a killer. You know right from the start that his goal is to kill the new family which the movie revolves around.
**There's eye candy. For boys and girls.
**Of course, there was the big fight scene at the end. I won't spoil how it ends, but it was pretty cool.
**I got very mad at parts. Parts where people died. Because I was all like "Nooo!!! Don't kill her/him!! Damn it, why did you have to kill her/him??" Some of my favorite characters died. But that just made the movie more interesting, because you got to see just how psycho this stepfather was.
**Overall, I was surprised at how much I liked this movie. It was way better than I expected it to be!!

No comments: