Friday, May 14, 2010

Avatar



So I finally saw Avatar. I don't know what it was like in your town when this came into theaters, but in my school EVERYONE was talking about this movie. I kept being asked the same question "Did you see Avatar yet?" My reply was always "No. I'm not going to see it in the movie theater." I always planned to see it on DVD. And in my history class this week we watched it. On DVD. So now, I finally have seen Avatar. The highest grossing movie of all time.
First of all, the highest grossing movie in all time? What?? I don't see how that happened. Titanic was the highest grossing movie of all time before Avatar. And I am so shocked and angry and hurt that Titanic no longer has that title. In my opinion, Titanic is the best movie ever. When I heard that Avatar beat it, I was pissed.
So my opinion about Avatar is not too high. All of my friends absolutely love it and think it's amazing. I just don't like it because it's not my type of movie. I'm not into sci fi. Blue people aren't very interesting to me. And then I didn't like the storyline and what was going on in the movie anyway. And some of the graphics weren't too good. Maybe if this movie was prolonged even more, it could have been made with better special effects. Not that they weren't great, there were just some parts where it looked too fake. I know that this movie was 3D in theaters, and I don't like 3D films because they trip me out, so I never got to see the 3D special effects. That doesn't bother me.
So, I didn't like Avatar. To me, it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. I wasn't expecting myself to like it, and now I know that I don't like it.
I definitely see why other people liked it so much though. I however don't see how the hell it beat Titanic.

No comments: