Monday, May 31, 2010

Stay Alive


This "morning" at about 1 AM, I watched Stay Alive on TV. When this movie came out, I really really really wanted to see it, but I didn't. I couldn't rent it either, because my father would only rent movies he wanted to see. So when I saw that it was going on TV, I got so excited. Of course I watched it!!
So I actually really liked it. I love the whole plot and storyline of it. A video game that kills people. If someone died in the game, they died in real life shortly after in the exact same way as they did in the game. Twisted, right?
Well I love video games. I've played a horror game once before that a guy let me borrow. I never got to finish it because I didn't have time. My experience playing a horror game was definitely interesting. I didn't think the game was scary, but then again, I didn't get too far in it. But it definitely had a creepy feel to it. I enjoyed it because when I'm watching horror movies, I'm always thinking to myself what the person should do and why they are doing what they are doing. You know, things like "no go the other way" "don't open that door" "why don't you have a weapon" stuff like that. So in the game, I controlled the character so they did exactly what I wanted them to.
Well anyway, back to movie, so I loved that it was a horror movie about a video game!! I was surprised how the movie wasn't as gory as I thought it would be. It did have a good amount of blood and gore, but not as much as I was expecting.
Also, the video game is about Elizabeth Bathory the Blood Countess. If you don't know that story, google her. It's creepy. So when I think that was really interesting that the game was about her, and it took place in her house.
However, I didn't like that the movie never explained where the video game came from. I wanted to know that.
Overall, I really like Stay Alive. It is scary and interesting. =)

2 comments:

AFIxFFTL said...

I liked this movie more than I thought I would... I had no idea about the whole Elizabeth Bathory thing...as in, I never looked her up, but I did a minute ago. Creepy.

Haha, my favorite part of the movie was when Frankie Muniz said "Bitch, that's cheating! I'm not even dead yet!" Haha!

PrincessDiana said...

I'm glad you like it! I really enjoyed it. Yea I didn't want to blog about her, so I just said "google it". Very creepy story. It really bothered me when I first learned about her, I don't remember how old I was...My mom told me while I was blogging about this beside her that she has a Slovak movie all about her, so I want to watch that sometime soon.

Haha that part is great!! I loved his character!