Saturday, May 8, 2010

"I'm not a mistake, I'm not a fake, it's in my DNA"

omg have you seen Miley Cyrus's new video??!
Now, I'm not a Miley Cyrus fan. I'm very very far from being a fan of her. But I have to say, I really like this song. And I like the video too.
I know many people hate it and think it's controversial. And I see why they think that. Since she was a Disney star, a lot of little kids look up to her. So I see why people think it's wrong for her to wear short not-pants and dance provocatively. But she's growing up, she's not the same 13 year old Hannah Montana. She's 17. Like me and I wear revealing clothes too. Heehee =) I personally don't care what she does. I'm not supporting her, but I'm not criticizing/judging her. I just enjoy the song and video. I think she looks really good in this video.
I absolutely hate the wings though...

But I think she is pretty...

Now I have to admit, I don't think this song/video is original. I like this sound way better than her country-pop sound. But it immediately reminded me of Adam Lambert. And of course so many people compared the video to Lady Gaga and Britney Spears.
I think people just need to chill out. I know if I was in the same place as her, my videos would be more risque. I always like singers more when they enter their sex appeal stage. ha.
In this song/video, she's trying so so hard to show that she's all grown up. Basically, in the song (the way I interpret it) she is saying, no...more like screaming, "I'm a bad girl!" In the video, she plays the role well. But that's what it is, a role.

No comments: