Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Loreal True Match Foundation Review!

Thanks to a friend, I was able to try the Loreal True Match foundation. It's a foundation I've been interested it, but never actually bought. So my friend let me borrow it for a day, and I was super happy to test it out. So here is my review on it.
First, the things that I like.
  • The bottle is cute. It's very little, it was hard to believe it has the same amount of product as my other foundation. But it's still cute though.
  • The consistency is wonderful. It was very easy to apply. I put it on with my fingers, and I just blended it into my skin. I used way too much, but it still felt very light, especially for the excessive amount that I put on. It's so smooth, and blends so easily.
  • This is the lightest shade. And it was too light for my skin. See I'm extremely pale, so the lightest shades are always still too dark for me. But not this foundation, it was too light. That has never happened to me before! It was shocking.
Alright, now things I don't like.
  • The coverage was great for the redness on my face and the dark circles under my eyes, but not on my acne. It was difficult to cover up the zits I had on my face, I had to put on a ton of layers to cover them.
  • The lasting power wasn't good. During the day, I had to keep reapplying foundation to my zits because it would fade and they would show through again. The foundation didn't come off of my skin though, it just faded away. My previous foundation would transfer onto my jacket when I put my head down on my desk, but not this one. So I don't know where the foundation went, but it faded and did not last long.
  • It has shimmers in it. In the bottle, it's more sparkly than actually on my face. But still, even though it's not that sparkly, I hate shimmer on my face.
So that's what I think about this foundation. Overall, I thought it wasn't that great. The cons outweigh the pros. So my verdict: I will not buy this foundation.


This is a SCARY picture haha. I was still half asleep okay? Excuse the robe and the depressed facial expression, this was around 6 30 am. The shade is too light for me, see the difference on my neck?

No comments: