Friday, October 15, 2010

"Only Girl In The World"

So I watched Rihanna's new video for "Only Girl In The World". And woah was I surprised. Rihanna looks happy in this video. What? Rihanna, happy? Yes. She's cheerful in this video. Not her usual I'm-so-hard-and-tough-and-a-super-dangerous-bad-chick thing. In this video, there were no guns, no fire, no chains. Instead, there were balloons, flowers, and fireworks. It's a love song, so maybe that's what inspired her to have such a joyful video. But it was nice to her smiling and singing and dancing. The red hair, well that wasn't so nice to look at. At least it's longer, so I'm hoping she's growing it out again. I always loved her long hair way more than her short hair.
The video takes place out in the rocky wilderness. There were even blue skies for a while. The cuts and skips did get on my nerves after a while, but it some places it looks cool. The song is very catchy. Stuck in my head after hearing it once. It's such a girly song. "I want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world, like I'm the only one that you'll ever love" Makes sense, right? What woman doesn't want that from her man? I love this song and I'm so happy to see a happy video from Rihanna. She just looks so much better when she's happy, you know? So if you are prepared to be shocked, watch the video here

No comments: